VOICE is a cutting-edge, for impact-non-profit, that is revolutionizing the conflict, crisis, and peace building landscape by harnessing the power of women and girls and the organizations they lead.
November 17, 2022
The Mission: VOICE is currently operating in Ukraine and across affected border countries-- working closely with local and international partners to promote women’s protection and empowerment. The Adolescent Girls Specialist will be responsible for leading an evolving body of work on the safety and empowerment of adolescent girls in the Ukraine humanitarian crisis, focusing initially within Ukraine and then expanding to Hungary, Poland, Moldova and Romania. The Specialist will carry out a mapping/ assessment of needs and gaps on services and programming for adolescent girls and develop and implement a technical accompaniment model for adolescent girls programming with relevant partners. This could include the integration of adolescent girl programming within Women and Girls Safe Spaces, training for service providers on how to work with adolescent girls and advocacy of and coordination with other humanitarian actors to ensure that adolescent girls do not fall through the cracks of humanitarian programming and service delivery.
- Design and implement relevant assessment and mapping activities related to adolescent girls’ needs and programming gaps in Ukraine and in the region as determined necessary.
- Provide recommendations and design a technical accompaniment model for VOICE’s partner organizations’ to enhance or expand their programming to include adolescent girls.
- Support partners with the design, implementation and monitoring of adolescent girl programming and services.
- Adapt and develop new tools and resources based on country requests and gaps
- Keep up to date with latest learning on adolescent girls and share with relevant teams to help inform business development and technical support
- Promote the value of working with adolescent girls through case studies, learning documents, short articles, and blogs both for internal and external platforms.
- Contribute to /lead proposal development and grant reporting.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Deep commitment to VOICE’s core values and ability to model those values within the organization and in relationships and communities VOICE work with
- 4-5 years experience in humanitarian, development or similar organizations with direct experience working on adolescent girl programming.
- Outstanding inter-personal skills: ability to work efficiently and effectively across country teams to ensure results for adolescent girls
- Strong mobiliser, organizer, and communicator
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a diverse team
- Has a clear vision for women and girl’s leading the way for addressing VAWG in their communities, countries, regions and globally while centering and highlighting their voices.
- A critical thinker who understands power structures and works to dismantle them.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Strong networking and facilitation skills.
- Degree in social work, public health, international relations/law/ international development or an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
- Fluency in English and knowledge/ fluency in Russian and/or Ukrainian or Polish, Romanian a plus.
Contract period: This is a one-year consultant position with the possibility of extension dependent upon need and funding. The position will be part of the regional Ukraine response team and report to the regional Technical Adviser for VOICE’s Ukraine emergency response. The position can be based remotely with frequent travel to the region or based within the region.
This position will be posted until filled.