Join VOICE’s team!
Head of Communications and Marketing
Mission of Role
VOICE is a cutting-edge, for impact-non-profit, that is revolutionizing the conflict, crisis and peacebuilding landscape by harnessing the power of women and girls. The mission of the Head of Communications and Marketing is to express and expand the VOICE brand through all communications and marketing channels in order to effectively market the organization, attract and expand VOICE’s audience and potential for philanthropic donations, communicate the impact of the organization, and maximize the organization’s fundraising efforts.
- 7-10 years’ experience as a holistic marketing expert including website design, social media marketing, internet marketing, and PR, with a record of producing incredible results.
- Knowledge of the digital landscape including best practices and understanding of use of social media, website and email marketing for brand building and development.
- Understands the role that marketing plays both with the aspect of community-building as well as with the aspect of lead and revenue generation (through donations and grants).
- Seeking to work within a growing organization and play a major role in its future growth.
- Seeking to create an impactful, unapologetically feminist brand.
- Experience in creating and executing strategic communications campaigns for programmatic content.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to prioritize.
- Experience with Salesforce, desirable.
- Preference is for someone with professional experience in communicating about socially or politically challenging topics (e.g. violence against women and girls).
|Creates the annual plan that governs the way VOICE does internal and external marketing and communications both strategically (mission, goals, KPI’s, and financial objectives) and tactically (website, social media, PR, print/electronic media, advertising/promotion, publicity, paid/donated advertising, newsletter, blog, direct mail and electronic campaigns and appeals) to reach humanitarian audience, donors, community partners and the public.|
|Develops and implements an evaluation system for the annual plan that ensures weekly measurement and reporting of KPI’s.|
|Executes weekly maintenance of all communications and marketing channels (e.g. website, social media channels, email/newsletters, blog, multi-media production, images and video libraries, etc.) by producing fresh content that is on-brand.|
|Completes direct market research activities in order to keep abreast of changing demographics, trends and other relevant issues in order to evaluate marketing and communication activities and to monitor emerging issues.|
|Develops and maintains a strong and productive relationship with both print and electronic media outlets, ensuring that VOICE is understood by the media and the media are interested in presenting information to the public in a manner that informs and educates them on the organization and presents opportunities to continue to position VOICE domestically and globally as an industry leader.|
|Designs and executes the creation of a lead generation strategy, sales funnel, and automated email campaign to attract relevant targets (e.g. donors and allies/amplifiers).|
|Supports fundraising efforts through the creation and execution of cause marketing, corporate social responsibility and sponsorship programs as needed.|
|Provides media training to the VOICE team and volunteers as needed.|
|Manages external vendors and contractors as and when necessary.|
- Excellent Communicator
- Strong Leader
- A Doer
- Sensitive to the nature of the work we do
Time & Location Commitment
This is a fulltime job working remotely. We need someone that is dedicated to VOICE’s mission and excited about growing our movement.
This position is likely to grow as VOICE grows.
How to apply
Please send your CV/resume and brief cover letter to [email protected]. Use “Head of Communications and Marketing” as the subject line of your email submission. We are looking to hire ASAP. Apply now, and no later than, May 29, 2020. While not required, you are welcome to send examples of related work.