VOICE is a cutting-edge, for impact-non-profit, that is revolutionizing the conflict, crisis, and peace building landscape by harnessing the power of women and girls and the organizations they lead.
September 24, 2022
VOICE is in search of an Operations Manager to ensure that the VOICE team grows and runs smoothly which includes the design of VOICE’s culture, the management of organizational systems, and the management of
external partner experiences. The Operations Manager will provide critical support to the technical team and facilitate the smooth functioning logistics, financial and human resources functions. They will work closely with VOICE home office management to communicate operational, and administration needs and ensure the Moldova office is compliant with VOICE policies and procedures. The Operations Manager, with support of the VOICE Senior Management and Legal Team as well as VOICE financial team, will provide oversight of VOICE’s legal and financial compliance in Moldova including supervision of compliance with related processes and procedures. They will also work closely with VOICE’s home office Human Resources team to facilitate compliant recruitment, hiring and retention processes. The Operations Manager will work closely with the VOICE security team to ensure that overall operations with special attention to logistics and travel comply with VOICE information, safety and security procedures and protocols. They will also support logistics for VOICE team members and external consultants.
Responsibilities / Outcomes
- Design, manage, and provide oversight on all day-to-day operations, staff engagement, and special as-needed projects (e.g. fundraising/grants, reports, etc)
- Develop internal and external communication and coordination processes to support a remote and growing feminist, values-aligned workforce, including vendors and contractors
- Work with the VOICE Logistic Officer, Accountant and IT support services to set-up back-office administrative systems, as needed
- Integrate and foster VOICE’s organizational work ethics and culture and be a shining example of that culture
- Planning and budgeting for day to day operational effectiveness in conjunction with the relevant project staff
- Management of petty cash, ensuring that all payments and accountabilities meet the required standards
- Supervision and evaluation of service providers’ performance
- Works with the maintenance technicians in ensuring good care of all buildings and facilities at the project
- Procurement of office and other supplies for the facilities in line with set procurement procedures
Qualifications and Competencies
- Deep commitment to VOICE’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships and communities we serve
- Minimum 5 years’ experience (including unpaid professional experience) in complex and dynamic program operations including finance, logistics and HR processes
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in staff supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-site organization with a matrix structure, requiring strong communication, organization & negotiation skills
- Design systems to support smooth, efficient, and rapid implementation of projects and activities
- A problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Experience with in-country registration and legal operations processes
- Organized and efficient with strong prioritization skills
- Excellent Communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Independent and capable leader as well as team player who is self-aware and works with compassion, acceptance and patience
- Professional proficiency in English and Romanian. Russian and Ukrainian language skills a plus
- A motivated doer and self-initiator
How to Apply
Please click the link below to apply. You will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume/CV.
Please tell us in the cover letter your experience and approach to providing multi-faceted operations support to a fast paced and dynamic feminist team.
Contract period: 1 year with possible extension. This position will be posted until filled.