VOICE is a cutting-edge, for impact-non-profit, that is revolutionizing the conflict, crisis, and peace building landscape by harnessing the power of women and girls and the organizations they lead.
November 1, 2022
VOICE is looking for a Country Lead, whose mission is to ensure that the VOICE team grows and runs smoothly, which includes the management and creation of partner’s experiences. The Country Lead will be responsible for delivering on VOICE’s strategy, working to develop a strategic framework and systems to strengthen our partnerships with civil society and Women Rights Organizations. The Country Lead will be responsible for undertaking activities with regard to professional engagements of VOICE with other partners and NGOs. The Country Lead will coordinate VOICE partnership approach in Romania, and support the development of our partnership approach to improve and adapt tools and practices. The Country Lead will map and identify new partnership opportunities, facilitate relevant capacity strengthening support, and provide ongoing support to the partner organizations in accessing grants. They will work to ensure smooth operations on the ground including fiscal, HR, monitoring and evaluating, donor reporting, and security systems are sound and accountable. They will also participate and contribute to VOICE’s regional strategy and team.
- Lead the implementation of the VOICEs Strategy, informed by the context.
- Know the overall work of VOICE and to keep partner organizations informed through timely, relevant reporting and engagement in concert with other key roles at VOICE.
- Monitor new partner inbound requests and manage the process to engage new partners.
- Participate and lead in any coordination meetings (internal and external) that will support the development and operationalization of the partnership strategy.
- Lead and collaborate with the Regional Leads in developing systematic approaches to selecting partners, and in identifying and pursuing strategic partnerships.
- Identify and explore new partnerships, including the updating of the partnership mapping and establishing relationships for collaborating on VAWG/ or Women Rights programming and capacity building/ sharing.
- Ensure an intersectional approach in VOICE’s engagement with WRO and those supporting women and girls inclusive of the Roma, LGBTQI, elderly and differently-abled communities in Romania.
- Design, manage, and provide oversight on all day-to-day operations, staff engagement, and special as-needed projects (e.g. fundraising/grants, reports, etc.).
- Develop internal and external communication and coordination processes to support a remote and growing feminist, values-aligned workforce, including vendors and contractors.
- Design VOICE’s organizational work ethics and culture and be a shining example of that culture.
- Works effectively with home office to ensure fiscal systems are sound, facilitates HR functions and supports security oversight as needed.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum 7 years work experience in the development with NGOs, with at least 2 years’ experience in partnership-based programming or VAWG/ Women Rights programming and 2 years of supervisory experience
- Substantial experience in project and program management, research, and/or advocacy; ability to develop, monitor and evaluate an operational plan with multiple projects, multiple deliverables, and deadlines; ability to plan, organize and lead the implementation of plans and processes
- Visionary with Experience with inclusive strategy design and implementation
- Knowledge and experience with donor funding and/or feminist philanthropy and/or UN systems
- Independent & Strong Leader who is self-aware with an ethos of collaboration, inclusiveness, patient and tolerant
- Experience in organizational capacity development, training, mentoring and coaching
- Excellent training, facilitation and capacity building skills
- Analytical problem-solver who is organized and efficient
- Excellent Communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Romanian Speaker with professional level English Language Skills. Russian or Ukrainian skills a plus, however not mandatory.
- A self- starter who takes initiative; a doer
Contract: This is a full-time consultancy based in Romania. The consultant must be available to travel within Romania up to 50% of their time.
Contract period: 1 year with possible extension pending funding
This position will be posted until filled.