VOICE is a cutting-edge, for impact-non-profit, that is revolutionizing the conflict, crisis, and peace building landscape by harnessing the power of women and girls and the organizations they lead.
November 1, 2022
The technical specialist will be part of an innovative team dedicated to improving the leadership, participation and role of women- and girl-led organizations and networks in Romania. The technical specialist should have extensive experience in building and nurturing relationships with stakeholders, developing and implementing organizational strategies and work plans, and providing support to feminist movements and mobilisers. The candidate should have strong grounding in feminist movements, human rights, experience in navigating multistakeholder needs and must be able to convey information clearly, concisely and in a compelling way. The specialist will develop and maintain relationships with feminist and women rights movements. The position will be responsible in overseeing, developing, and implementing convening events in Romania with partners involved in the Ukraine refugee response.
- Support strategic management of the development and implementation of movement building logistics strategies and work plans in collaboration with the Country Lead.
- Coordinate closely with relevant stakeholder who are leading women rights and feminist movements in Romania.
- Provide feminist leadership, direction, support and mentorship for the women rights and feminist movement, while proactively supporting their well-being, sustainability, and creative engagement with an eye for growth of capacity and responsibilities.
- Develop, and maintain relationships with stakeholders that are relevant and key for the strategic implementation of movement and mobilizations.
- As needed, represent VOICE externally in public-facing events.
- Lead development and oversight of VOICE’s advocacy strategy in Romania, including definition of key relationships to pursue and strengthen.
- Proactively monitors the external landscape to identify critical emerging issues and actors that are relevant to VOICE’s objectives and advocacy priorities.
- Ensure an intersectional approach in VOICE’s engagement with women’s organizations supporting women and girls inclusive of the Roma, LGBTQI, elderly and differently abled communities in Romania.
Qualifications and Competencies
- 5+ experience working women’s rights defender, feminist advocacy or movement mobilization or other feminist movement response experience in Romania
- In-depth knowledge of and known contacts with organizations furthering feminist movement building with the ability to work inter-generationally within the movement
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically and analytically, with expertise in complex problem solving, decision-making and critical thinking skills, displays good judgment
- Demonstrated capacity to network and build strategic alliances internationally with government, private philanthropy, women’s funds, women’s or other civil society organizations, and other external stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated capacity with advocacy (and strategies aiming to influence the policy and/or practice of relevant stakeholders), external relations and negotiations
- Strong mobiliser, organizer, and networker
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a diverse team to support the delivery of the strategy
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent Communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Romanian language skills; professional proficiency English language skills. Russian or Ukrainian language skills a plus, however not mandatory
- A self- starter who takes initiative; a doer
Contract: This is a full-time consultancy based in Romania. The consultant must be available to travel within Romania up to 50% of their time.
Contract period: 1 year with possible extension pending funding
This position will be posted until filled.