VOICE is a cutting-edge, for impact-non-profit, that is revolutionizing the conflict, crisis, and peace building landscape by harnessing the power of women and girls and the organizations they lead.
September 24, 2022
The Gender Based Violence technical specialist will be part of an innovative team dedicated to improving the leadership, participation and role of women- and girl-led organizations and networks in Moldova. The Technical Specialist will be responsible for establishing and further developing existing relationships with women- and girl- led groups, organizations and networks and individual activists working on GBV and women’s rights in Moldova. The consultant will support the Country Lead with identifying women and girl led organizations and networks as well as identifying specific needs to mitigate GBV for Moldovan and refugee populations, strengthen women’s rights in Moldova and design specific activities and projects with VOICE stakeholders to address those needs.
Responsibilities / Outcomes
- Research, identify and connect with individual activists, women and girl-led groups, organizations, and networks as well as smaller and grassroots organizations working to end GBV in Moldova
- Have a clear vision for women and girl’s leading the way for addressing GBV in their communities, country, region and globally while centering and highlighting their voices
- Draft and update country profile reports, case study documents, and notes from meetings and discussions held
- Support the further development and ongoing maintenance of a database of country level activists, groups, organizations and networks working on women’s rights and GBV
- Support the development and organization of activities on GBV for CSOs and NGOs
Qualifications and Competencies
- Deep commitment to VOICE’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships and communities we serve
- 3+ experience working as a GBV practitioner or other similar experience, on prevention and response to GBV in Moldova.
- Experience with GBV service provision, referral mechanisms and case management systems including mapping and assessing.
- Experience with developing and implementing GBV risk mitigation and prevention strategies and activities.
- In-depth knowledge of, and known contacts with, women and girl-led groups, organizations, networks in Moldova
- Strong mobiliser and organizer
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a diverse team to support the delivery of the
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong networking, facilitation and training skills
- Excellent Communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Independent as well as a team player who is self-aware and works with compassion, patience and tolerance
- Professional proficiency in English and Romanian. Russian and Ukrainian language skills a plus
- A motivated doer and self-initiator
How to Apply
Please click the button below to apply. You will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume/CV.
Please tell us in the cover letter in which areas of GBV prevention and response would you like to focus when working with Moldavian and Ukraine refugee communities.
Contract period: 1 year with possible extension. This position will be posted until filled.