VOICE is a cutting-edge, for impact-non-profit, that is revolutionizing the conflict, crisis, and peace building landscape by harnessing the power of women and girls and the organizations they lead.
VOICE is in search of a dynamic and collaborative Administrative Specialist to support their, mission focused,Executive Director (ED) and Emergency Response Director (ERD). In addition to being an administrative genius, the successful Administrative Specialist must be able to multitask, prioritize incoming requests, and work with initiative requiring little or no supervision. This professional is highly organized, proactive, detail and service-oriented, diplomatic, nimble, and curious. They will apply their “roll up your sleeves, get things done” attitude to get it done, while keeping the ED and ERD on track, informed and empowered to focus their efforts on mission success.
- Proactive, day-to-day administrative functions, including but not limited to helping to direct work, manage and prioritize correspondence and information flow, coordinate timelines and administrative documents, support and manage scheduling for the ED and ERD as needed, and coordinating domestic and international engagements and travel.
- Anticipate needs of the ED and ERD and proactively assemble the appropriate people, information, and resources to support internal and external meetings and to solve problems in an independent and timely manner.
- Own and help manage the rhythm of the organization in close partnership with the ED, ERD and other team members.
- Acts as a liaison and trusted partner, relaying and exchanging information with others including, internal and external stake holders, partners, and other organizations•
- Fulfills information requests from internal or external stakeholders as directed.
- Create and formats a variety of documents, reports, memos, charts, slide presentations, and graphics consistent with the organization’s style guide.
- Use strong project management and communication skills to keep ED and ERD and fellow team members appropriately informed and involved in projects; ensure projects/events run smoothly, and remain on track and assist team members as necessary to bring projects, engagements, and VOICE events to successful conclusion.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Deep commitment to VOICE’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships and communities we serve.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience supporting senior leaders and/or executives; or the appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Ability to apply innovative thinking to positively and productively impact both strategic and organization initiatives and outcomes• Exceptional communication skills: written, oral, listening, plus proven interpersonal and presentation skills•
- Experience with arrangement of complex schedules and logistics, at times, across multiple time zones.
- Comfort with ambiguity and agility to adjust plans as needed. Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Demonstrated effective and efficient project management skills. PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma or related certification is a plus
- High proficiency with various computer software applications – Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Professional experience on and interest in socially and/or politically challenging topics (e.g. violence against women and girls) is a plus
- Amazing sense of humor and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get it done.
This position will be posted until filled.