Based in the United States
VOICE is a cutting-edge, for impact-non-profit, that is revolutionizing the conflict, crisis, and peace building landscape by harnessing the power of women and girls and the organizations they lead.
The Mission -The Finance Director plays a critical role as part of the VOICE team that provides financial expertise and guidance. Primary responsibilities will include broad financial planning, budget preparation, grants management and accounting.
- Serve as Lead and primary contact for staff related to finance, provide financial analysis, management support and guidance
- Communicate regularly with VOICE leaders and team members and provide a high level of customer service around short and long term financial management and sustainability
- Support funding proposals: assist with budgets, review proposals, provide supporting documents and ensure complete documentation of funding awards
- Work with VOICE leaders to comply with funder’s terms and conditions, manage deliverables, monitor spending, request amendments, and plan spend-out
- Support budget creation, budget projections and analysis of expenses as needed
- Review salaries being charged to projects and adjust to ensure correct allocation
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly reports, funder reports and others. Document and address issues requiring attention and/or further discussion
- Analyze and monitor fund and cash balances and keep team members informed of status and issues
- Act a liaison with outside finance consultants/firms and key stakeholders
Qualifications and Competencies
- Deep commitment to VOICE’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships and communities we serve
- BA/BS degree in business, nonprofit financial management or accounting preferred; five or more years of experience managing grants and nonprofit finances or the appropriate combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience as senior financial officer for non-profits of at least 2 million dollars preferred
- Nonprofit fund and federal grant accounting and management experience
- Ability to manage multiple funding streams
- Experience in the federal and government contracting environment is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to exercise independent judgment
- Comfort with ambiguity and agility to adjust plans as needed
- Proficiency with various computer software applications
This position will be posted until filled.