VOICE is a cutting-edge, for impact-non-profit, that is revolutionizing the conflict, crisis, and peace building landscape by harnessing the power of women and girls and the organizations they lead.
November 4, 2022
The technical specialist will be part of an innovative team dedicated to improving the leadership, participation and role of women- and girl-led organizations and networks in Romania. Technical Specialist will be responsible for establishing and further developing existing relationships with women- and girl- led groups, organizations and networks and individual activists working on GBV and women’s rights in Romania. The consultant will support the Country Lead and Feminist Movement Specialist with identifying women and girl led organizations and networks, translation support on calls where needed, understanding of the local context and more.
- Research, identify and connect with individual activists, women and girl-led groups, organizations, and networks as well as smaller and grassroots organizations working to end GBV in Romania.
- Draft and update country profile reports, case study documents, and notes from meetings and discussions held.
- Has a clear vision for women and girl’s leading the way for addressing GBV in their communities, country, region and globally while centering and highlighting their voices.
- Support the further development of a database of country level activists, groups, organizations, and networks working on women’s rights and GBV maintained.
- Support the development and organization of a series of trainings on GBV for CSOs and NGOs.
- Ensure an intersectional approach in VOICE’s engagement with women’s organizations supporting women and girls inclusive of the Roma, LGBTQI, elderly and differently abled communities in Romania.
Qualifications and Competencies
- 3+ experience working as a GBV practitioner or other similar, on prevention and response to GBV in Romania.
- In-depth knowledge of, and known contacts with, women and girl-led groups, organizations, networks in Romania.
- Experience with GBV service provision, referral mechanisms and case management systems including mapping and assessing.
- Experience with developing and implementing GBV risk mitigation and prevention strategies and activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a diverse team to support the delivery of the strategy.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent training, facilitation and capacity building skills
- Demonstrated facilitation and training skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and works with compassion, patience, and tolerance.
- Professional proficiency in Romanian and English. Russian and/or Ukrainian skills a plus, however not mandatory.
- A self- stater who takes initiative; a doer.
Contract: This is a full-time consultancy based in Romania. The consultant must be available to travel within Romania up to 50% of their time.
Contract period: 1 year with possible extension pending funding
This position will be posted until filled.