VOICE is a cutting-edge, for impact-non-profit, that is revolutionizing the conflict, crisis, and peace building landscape by harnessing the power of women and girls and the organizations they lead.
The Mission of the Marketing and Communications Officer is to express and expand the VOICE brand through all communications and marketing channels in order to effectively market the organization, attract and expand VOICE’s audience and potential for philanthropic donations, communicate the impact of the organization, and maximize the organization's fundraising efforts. The successful Marketing and Communications Officer must be willing to roll up their sleeves and wear many hats to ensure mission success.
- Creates the annual plan that governs the way VOICE does internal and external marketing and communications both strategically (mission, goals, KPI’s, and financial objectives) and tactically (website, social media, PR, print/electronic media, advertising/promotion, publicity, paid/donated advertising, newsletter, blog, direct mail and electronic campaigns and appeals) to reach humanitarian audience, donors, community partners and the public. This should include definition of our core and intended audience
- Defines VOICE’s internal communications procedures/protocols, including an internal marketing cheat sheet and do's and don'ts for internal team members for promoting and discussing VOICE in public platforms, as well as basic standards for team members how to use the logo, colors, etc., appropriate additions to email signatures, etc.
- Lead and design VOICE events, including for fundraising, including event promotion, including tracking, and increasing VOICE’s reach to gain audience, webinar list for team members for additional promotion, webinar design template-topic, info, speakers. This should include protocols and practices for vetting and preparing internal and external speakers.
- Provide oversight on editing process for all external documents-ensuring everything has a process before release, including ensuring that nothing is going out without review.
- Develop and implement an evaluation system for the annual plan that ensures weekly measurement and reporting of KPI’s.
- Executes weekly maintenance of all communications and marketing channels (e.g. website, social media channels, email/newsletters, Voice of VOICE thought pieces, multi-media production, images and video libraries, etc.) by producing fresh content that is on-brand.
- Completes direct market research activities to keep abreast of changing demographics, trends and other relevant issues in order to evaluate marketing and communication activities and to monitor emerging issues
- Develop and maintain a strong and productive relationship with both print and electronic media outlets, ensuring that VOICE is understood by the media and the media are interested in presenting information to the public in a manner that informs and educates them on the organization and presents opportunities to position the organization domestically and globally as an industry leader.
- Designs and executes the creation of a lead generation strategy, sales funnel, and automated email campaign to attract relevant targets (e.g. donors and allies/amplifiers).
- Support fundraising efforts through the creation and execution of cause marketing, corporate social responsibility and sponsorship programs as needed.
- Provides media training to the VOICE team and volunteers as needed.
- Serve as liaison with external marketing/PR firms and stakeholders.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Deep commitment to VOICE’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships and communities we serve
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience; or the appropriate combination of education and experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as organizational skills are essential
- Knowledge and experience designing and improving processes and practice (change management and capacity building)
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and complete frontline tasks and wear multiple hats to ensure mission success
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to exercise independent judgment
- Comfort with ambiguity and agility to adjust plans as needed
- Proficiency with various computer software applications
This position will be posted until filled.