VOICE is a cutting-edge, for impact-non-profit, that is revolutionizing the conflict, crisis, and peace building landscape by harnessing the power of women and girls and the organizations they lead.
September 9, 2022
The Mission - The mission of the GBV Technical Team Member in the Ukraine Crisis Response is to support VOICE’s emergency response work through enhancing the protective environment for women and girls in Poland in all their diversity and other at-risk groups affected by the Ukraine crisis by providing support to VOICE staff and partners to create and improve practices and competencies around the protection of women and girls in both internal and external programming.
- Work with VOICE team and Local partners to coordinate and support creating a more protective environment for women and girls with the support of VOICE Poland GBV Technical Lead and Poland Team Lead,
- Create a map of GBV Service mapping to understand services available/operational, local responses, pathways in place, capacities on the ground, and how best to get women and girls to immediate, life-saving care where possible, and coordinate with the GBV Team and VOICE team, and partners to vet the services mapped to ensure their quality and capacity to provide survivor-centered support
- Check and test the existing referral pathways to recommend how to improve the quality of vetted services available to survivors and how to ensure the referral pathway is customized and relevant to the location of the partner or shelter it is being provided to Ensure women’s voices are heard, considered, and centered in all VOICE’s responses
- Support the strategy development of Poland's response to ensure that women and girls in all their diversity are included and involved in any services developed for them, and that their needs are considered and addressed. Visualize how we move beyond identifying trees and gaps to a solutions-based approach to working with refugee communities in Poland and GBV survivors.
- Develop content for GBViE training. This will include the roll-out of training across Poland in coordination with VOICE Poland Team.
- Capacity-sharing support for identified partners to pivot their programming towards gender-based violence in emergencies to respond in the acute and protracted crisis phases of the response.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Deep commitment to VOICE’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships and communities we serve
- BA/BS degree in social sciences (Psychology, gender studies, sociology, or another related field)
- At least 2 years of professional experience in working as a social worker in survivor-centered approach, GBV guiding and Case management principles related to GBV programs targeting vulnerable women and girls, preferably in humanitarian or refugee settings
- Demonstrated knowledge in gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls and apply, GBV, and safe access to SRHR services
- Excellent communication skills with strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Independent worker
- A doer of excellent work
- Knowledge of English and polish is essential, Ukrainian is an asset
This position will be posted until filled.